The Brides of The Clan MacDougall – A Sweet Series

I’ve just launched my new sweet series, The Brides of The Clan MacDougall. The first book, Aishlinn, went live yesterday.

Aishlinn

Aishlinn

Aishlinn is the sweet/non-steamy version of the first book I ever wrote, Laiden’s Daughter. In a nutshell, it is the same story, but all love scenes take place behind closed doors. There is still passion and romance, intrigue and mystery.

My inbox and FB pages have been filled with lots of good wishes, but also lots of inquiries. The number one question is ‘why did you do this?’

1.  I wanted to reach a wider range of readers. What one reader might consider tame — as my mother often lamented — another reader would consider erotica. Personally, I considered my books somewhere in between. Passionate without being too graphic.
  2. I have granddaughters and grandnieces of varying ages. Most of them love to read, however, I think they’re a wee bit too young yet for most of the subject matter in my books. But  in a few short years, they will be able to handle a ‘sweeter’ version of my books. Battle scenes have been tamed down and all ‘love scenes’ take place behind closed doors.

I’m also taking the opportunity to have the originals fully re-edited. Remember, in the beginning of my writing career, I didn’t have all the awesome editors and cover artists that I now have. I figured this was a great time to ‘spruce’ things up a bit.

Over the next few months, I’ll be adding Maggy (Findley’s Lass) and Nora (Wee William’s Woman) to The Brides of The Clan MacDougall. Again, they’re the same stories, just sweeter versions and far less graphic than the originals.

Don’t worry, the original stories are still available, with all the steam and gory battle scenes a girl could want! 😀

Hugs,

Suzan

maggie copy-EBOOK FINAL

Nora ebook final

12 thoughts on “The Brides of The Clan MacDougall – A Sweet Series

1. Gloria Atwell says:

oh good!!! Another writer that leaves all the steamy sex in the bedroom where it belongs! I always have to skip so many pages. I am sure your books will still be fabulous! And don’t forget the battle scenes and all that other wonderful stuff!! It’s just the sex I am glad to see go. Loveya!!
    Gloria

2. Myra Mason says:

Suzan…please just make sure the new versions are labele as such. Having listened to all of the originals (before clean up), I don’t want to get confused and think it is a new addition to the series. Thanks Suzan for listening and for all your great books!!

3. Cindy Larson says:

What a great idea! Thankfully Im older and can enjoy the original!! : ) but what a great idea for the younger readers. Thanks for being so creative and sharing your gift of story telling, and hopefully the younger fans will enjoy your works and become huge fans for life like the rest of us!!

4. suzantisdale says:

I’ve labeled, added introductions to the front of the book, blogged & tweeted. lol I’ve done everything I can think of to help avoid any confusion.

5. Cathy Phillips says:

I love your books whether they are steamy or sweet. Great idea to come out with sweet versions for the younger ones and those that prefer not to read about sex.

6. Judy Lea Ritchie says:

Dear Suzan, I don’t remember what kind of report I have your books I only remember loving them and couldn’t wait for the next one to come out. I do admire you for writing the ones that younger people can read because as a grandmother I got lots static from grandchildren because I told them they couldn’t get into my kindle because of some of the smoldering sex in them. Your books are nothing compared to outlander. I really had to do some speed reading through some of them. 😕😮😮

7. Judy Lea Ritchie says:

Meant to continue to say I have an addiction to Scottish and Irish historical books. I am a Christian. Born again…it’s a shame people forget who gave us free minds and bodies to love our spouses. As long as it is not fornication which some of them start that way but most that I read are within marital bounds. So again I admire what you have done. Thank you…