Issues with Brogan’s Promise

I have sent out two newsletter emails regarding what happened with the files for Brogan’s Promise. For those of you who might have missed those, this is the information:

I’m going to try to make a very long story as short as possible.

Brogan’s Promise was set to go live on June 27, 2017. While the final files were uploaded without incident at all other vendors (iBooks, Nook, Kobo, and even Google Play) there were issues with the final files at Amazon.

I was under the belief that at Amazon we had three days (72 hours) from the date of release in which to upload the final files. That would have been midnight on the 23rd.

My husband had a heart attack a couple of weeks ago. He is fine, doing great, and all is well on that front. But it did add a delay of a week to what was the normal time I take to finalize a book.

On the 23rd, I went to upload my final files at Amazon only to find out I had been locked out from doing so.  Apparently, the final file needs to be uploaded 72 hours prior to the release date in the first time zone it will go available. I’m told that the first time zone is Australia, not the US where I live. Yes, I’m just as baffled as anyone. Long story short, not even my Amazon rep can help me.

The book went live with the placeholder file Amazon requires we put up during the preorder phase. This has caused a good many people to be frustrated and even angry. I can’t say that I blame you. It hasn’t been any more fun on my end, trust me.

I take full ownership of this mistake. I should have uploaded it a week before it went live just to be safe. But again, it’s been a rough few weeks here and I didn’t do what I should have. I am sorry.

In addition to Kevin’s heart attack, I lost my cousin Mike two weeks ago, to a massive heart attack. He was taking a walk with his girlfriend and her granddaughter when it happened. I’m still trying to wrap my head around that one. He was only 3 years older than me.

Then a couple of days ago, I lost a very dear friend unexpectedly. She was a beautiful soul, with a beautiful voice, and she will be missed by so many people. Dawn made the world a better place. She was just a wonderful, beautiful person and it breaks my heart to know that she is gone.

From the bottom of my heart, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused all of you. You should have received an email from Amazon letting you know the final and correct files are ready for your Kindle. If you haven’t received that email, please contact Amazon’s customer service at: 1-888-280-4331.

Again, I am truly sorry. I am not making excuses. This is completely on me and I take full ownership and responsibility. Please know that I appreciate your patience as well as the outpouring of love and support all of you, my dedicated readers, have shown me. I love and adore each and every one of you. Please know that I would never intentionally cause you such distress and frustration.

With much love and appreciation,

Suzan

8 thoughts on “Issues with Brogan’s Promise

1. Sandra Carrillo says:

Suzan, sorry to hear about all the things that have happened. Please do not feel bad about the release for your book being delayed. A small thing if compared to what you were going through. We, your readers, understand. Take care and all the best to your husband and his recovery.

2. Kathy Dovenspike says:

People always take importance over books..may God be with you in this stressful tome.

3. Sherrie Platt says:

So sorry to hear about your recent sadness – – everyone needs to realize that life throws a wrench
    in our daily lives, sometimes and true friends/business associates will understand and be there with prayers and support. Prayers to you !

4. C says:

Dear Lord! I am glad things seem to be quieting down. No more funerals. You have seen too many lately. I had a problem and called Amazon. I was not satisfied with the technician and she gave me a refund. I am going to wait a few days and try again.

5. CG Phillips says:

Suzanne, please don’t beat yourself up. Anyone else dealing with you’re going through would probably be going even crazier than you are. It’s ok the let things drop under these conditions, especially as you’ve tried your best to rectify the problem. Know that you, Kevin and your families are loved and being prayed for.

6. carlaburke says:

Suzan,
    I’m so very sorry for all your losses. My husband has had 5 heart attacks, and many in my family have passed in recent years. Allow yourself some time to grieve. Be gentle with yourself – even though your husband is ok (Thank God!), you may find some emotional upheaval over it, yet to surface. I sure did.

I did have a hitch in my first attempt to download, but it was easily resolved. Dinna fash herself over it, lass.
    Carla

7. Pamela says:

I’m so sorry for your losses. Sometimes life just gets in the way and people need to relax and be more understanding. In other words, thank you for the concern you have for your readers during this stressful time.

I also was able to download the book (successfully), however, the Prologue for your next book and the Epilogue for Brogan’s Promise are reversed. I removed the book and reloaded it, and had the same problem. HOWEVER, I figured it out and it was no big deal.

Thank you for keeping me engaged/interested/hooked with your stories and characters.